The Forrest Gump of Dogs
Hey everyone! Bentley is my name.
Laying low is my game.
I’m a sweet foster dog looking for my forever home.
If you like chillin’ and giving belly rubs, then I could be your little dog gnome.
I’m a Beagle/Coon/Bassett mix.
I snort like a Beagle and boy like a Bassett. Those are my two best tricks.
I’m quiet most of the time.
Napping away the day is really my only crime.
I’m learning to play with toys.
And I like to hang out and just be one of the boys.
I’ve learned how to sit.
I’m learning new tricks.
I’m learning about what fun it is to be a dog…..
though I know nothing about writing a blog.
I love to be near my humans all of the time
Especially with that teen girl; she treats me so fine!
I sleep with her every night!
That suits me just right!
I will kennel with some treats.
Foster mom says I’m smiley and sweet.
I have a ball I carry with me wherever I go.
I’m not possessive of it-just like it to be my cargo.
If a quiet and sweet dog is what you’re looking for then…….
You need NOT search anymore!!!!
From Bentley’s foster mom: Every day we learn something new (and good) about Bentley. He is truly sweet, kind hearted, and wants to please. He’s in a home with seven (7) fur siblings; Five are dogs and two are cats. He does well with all humans and animals alike! His nature and disposition remind me of Forest Gump……………….Here’s why:
- “You have to do the best with what God gave you”. Bentley is simple yet smart. He’s doing the best he can be while in a completely different place then where he was before.
- “Mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get”. Almost daily we learn something new about Bentley. As he grows more and more comfortable in our home and is becoming accustomed to our routine, his pleasant personality is emerging in various ways. We’ve found that he’s pretty mild mannered and while not food motivated like you would think a Beagle would be, he does know thoroughly enjoy his breakfast and dinner times!
- Young Jenny: “What’s wrong with your legs”?
- Young Forrest: “Um, nothing at all. Thank you. My legs are just fine and dandy”. Bentley’s back legs have a different look about them when he walks; the vet believes that this is most likely due to trauma of some kind when he was a pup. It does not interfere with his life at all and no special care is needed.
- “Well, now we ain’t strangers anymore”. Bentley is happy to meet and be around everybody!
- When Bentley runs, his back end looks a little “different” b/c of previous trauma. He looks like he’s smiling when he’s running though, and it’s a joy to watch him run. We just can’t help but say, “Run Bentley, run” when we watch him.
- He’s loyal to his human family. It’s like he’s saying, “If there’s anything you need, I won’t be far away”. And he’s never far from his humans!
- And lastly, Bentley would tell you, “That’s all I have to say about that!”
Bentley is up to date on immunizations, HW negative, micro-chipped and ready for YOU to love him. He has so much love to give in return!
Fill out an Adoption Application for Bentley today!